Thursday, September 10, 2009

Taking Dad Shopping

From our Friend Jody in Chandler Arizona.

I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 84). We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours; green, red, orange and blue. My dad kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time. When the teenager had enough, he sarcastically asked: “What’s the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?” Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; knowing that he would have a good one. And in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response: “Got stoned once and fucked a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.”

No comments:

Post a Comment